How do I pair a GEM Pad with an Android smartphone or tablet?
The GEM Pad is compatible with all Android smartphones and tablets that use Android 3.1 and later (HID standard). Be careful: if you pair the GEM Pad of your GEM Box with a smartphone or tablet, it will no longer be paired with the GEM Box. Please refer to the question "How do I pair a GEM Pad with my GEM Box console?" if you want to use it with your GEM Box again.
Turn your GEM Pad on in Game Pad mode (using the switch in the centre):
- Go into the Bluetooth menu of your Android device
- Activate Bluetooth if it is not already activated
- Press and hold the HOME button of the GEM Pad for 5 seconds
- On your smartphone/tablet, search for/refresh nearby Bluetooth devices
- Select “Bluetooth Gamepad” from the list
- If you are asked for a PIN, enter “0000”
- Your GEM Pad is now paired with your Android smartphone/tablet.