What can I do if the measured speed is below the minimum recommended limit of 5Mb/s?
In order to improve your broadband speed, switch off the equipment below:
- If you have a Pay TV box (for example Sky TV), switch it off whilst using GameFly Streaming.
- Don’t use other streaming services (such as YouTube and Netflix) whilst using GameFly Streaming.
- Don’t download from any other equipment using your Internet connection whilst playing on GameFly Streaming:
- Avoid all downloads from smart devices and PCs.
- Switch off your peer-to-peer service when you use GameFly Streaming.
- Don’t update your PC/Mac or smart device applications whilst using GameFly Streaming.
Once all of these services are switched off, then measure your Internet speed again.
If your Internet speed is still below 5Mb/s, GameFly Streaming cannot be used on your Internet line. Contact your broadband providor to learn how to upgrade your connection speed.